Happy Living

Thursday, October 13, 2005

E-mails and Females


E-mails are meant to be screwed up. Read on…

Back on campus, during my undergrad days, my friend Krithika and me had a strange bet. We vowed to attend ever single class of Control Systems class. Ahem! Yeah, it was crazy. For me, it meant just another way to milk treats from my friend.

Anyways, it was an unusual morning, it was raining heavily in the desert land (BITS Pilani, rarely witnesses rains). I reached the classroom early enough to escape the downpour. I chuckled to myself “She is gonna lose it again !”
Braving the downpour (and also very generously giving a lift on her cycle to a junior friend) she entered Con Sys class like Mandakini in “Ram Teri Ganga Maili”
Not to forget the intent gazes she got from the very few male members who attended the class. Needless to say, she savored every bit of that male attention.

Another one of those this-is-hydraulic-pneumatic-block-diagram-to-signal-flow-system crap followed. And the class ended.

A senior friend walks down the aisle of benches to tell her she might catch a cold, given the conditions. They are what we know as “very close but just friends” type. And to this Krithika expresses her gratitude rather ‘e-mail’ishly.

In BITS, we are all given e-mail ids that follow the pattern fyyyy*** where yyyy is the year we were given admission and *** stands for our id #

So her id happens to be f2001612 and her senior’s f2000*** (id # concealed for whatever reasons)
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: f2001612
To: f2001***

Subject: Rain Drain
Body:

Hi S,

I was so drenched and wet. I went back to my room and changed into dry clothes. I think am catching a cold. Thank you for your concern…

Regards,
Krithika
---------------------------------------------------------------

Pat comes the reply

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: f2001***
To: f2001612

Subject: Re: Rain Drain

Body:

Who are you? Why are you behind me? And why are you giving me your personal details?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Krithika is blinking…And am rolling on my bedside dying out of laughter. Apparently, she mailed to her senior’s id # but to her own batchmate (instead of year 2000, she typed to 2001)

She apologises and again pat comes the reply.


---------------------------------------------------------------

From: f2001***
To: f2001612

Subject: Re: Rain Drain

Body:

Don’t think too much abt what happened in the P

---------------------------------------------------------------

P ? I suggested P must be meaning ‘pants’
Krithika hurled a pillow on me! Then we discussed…Maybe rain is called ‘P’ for short.
Didn’t make sense though. Puddle? Process? Path?
Finally we concluded it meant ‘Past’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home